The Diacordon® POCT [DC-P3] is a rapid test for the early and specific diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome (ACS).
The CE certified manufacturer of the Diacordon® POCT system is VEDA.LAB, France.
Know your heart
Rapid immunochromatographic test for the detection of the enzyme glycogen phosphorylase isoenzyme BB (GPBB) and troponin in human whole blood or plasma. Diacordon® POCT is a diagnostic rapid test (point-of-care test) for the diagnosis of acute coronary syndrome (ACS), based on the semi-quantitative detection of the enzyme glycogen phosphorylase isoenzyme BB and troponin. Diacordon® POCT can be performed on human whole blood or plasma samples.
To carry out the test, the sample is applied to the test strip together with the appropriate amount of running buffer. The result can be read after a waiting period of 15 minutes. At a GPBB concentration of more than 10 ng/ml (normal range 3 - 4 ng/ml) a colored line appears, which can be analyzed optically or with a reader (semiquantitative). Diacordon® POCT was developed for use in emergency medicine, in Chest Pain Units and medical practices. It enables the new parameter GPBB to be diagnosed quickly and easily as an indicator of acute heart-specific ischemia (lack of oxygen) and is therefore suitable for diagnosing acute coronary syndrome.
This facilitates and improves the decision to treat a patient (treatment procedure and risk stratification) of patients, of whom only 25-30% actually have an infarction if infarction is suspected.
- Allows reliable and faster diagnosis through the use of an early (GPBB) and late (troponin heart-specific marker)
- Enables rapid treatment of tested patients
- Can be carried out without any additional equipment at any location
- Reduces follow-up costs from late and unnecessary therapies
- Larger range of diagnoses (acute infarctions, non-SR infarctions, later RE infarctions, infarctions a few hours after infarct begeinn) than previous standard troponin alone